– Removal of plastic straws from the hotel and restaurant and replacing them with reusable, biodegradable drinking straw #Suckõrs that is made exclusively from reed that grows naturally on the shores of Estonia. Wind, sea and sun imprint their unique pattern on every straw; giving it attitude and serving as a reminder of where it came from. Reed is processed into the straws without the use of any additives. Each one is handmade with care. Natural “Suckõrs” straws are provided only up on request.
– Commitment to sourcing 100% of our eggs (shell, liquid, and egg products) from cage-free sources by the end of 2025.
– Donation of bedsheets, towels, linen to Tallinn Animal Shelter.
– Implementation of Make a Green Choice(MAGC) program which is Marriott’s guest-facing sustainability and loyalty program that enables Marriott Bonvoy™members to reduce their environmental footprint while earning bonus points. Each day a member forgoes Housekeeping services, they earn Marriott Bonvoybonus points and help us reduce water, energy and chemical usage.
– Implementation of a Recycling Program where both the hotel and restaurant recycles paper, glass, plastic, green waste. Recycling bins are also placed in guest’s rooms in order to sort organic waste and general waste.
– Removal of plastic bags from guest rooms and hotel lobby area in an effort to reduce plastic pollution.
– Participation in volunteer work and donations for Estonian Food Bank which is a non-governmental organization collecting food from producers/distributors and handing it out to people in need. The Estonian Food Bank helps, first and foremost, those who are not able to help themselves – families in difficult economic circumstances, the unemployed, families with many and/or small children. Estonian Food Bank operates with the help of a network of local charities and social organisations who are in direct contact with the people who need the food most. The work of the food bank relies greatly on the generosity of volunteers, who are active in the warehouse and at the office of the organisation and are taking care of the whole process of collecting, storing, packing and distributing the food.
– Slippers in room will be ordered without a plastic cover and replaced with eco-ribbon packaging. June 2020